Wednesday, April 27, 2011

(43-274) Back In The Day...

Lately I've been spending a lot of time looking at old high school yearbooks.  Not mine, but those of Arizona high schools that could be potential reunion clients.  I've been to various school district offices and high schools; and I still have several more to visit.  I'm currently looking through yearbooks of the 1982, 1992, and 2002 classes; and it is everything from amusing to provocative.  The layouts range from impossible to impressive.  The comments vary from intelligent to insane and yet they all manage to capture the very best of that high school's experience.

Today I was in the library at a high school in Scottsdale, and all of a sudden I heard "In A Big Country" coming from somewhere, followed by another 80's tune that escapes me right now; and I thought it was really unusual to be hearing music, let alone songs from the 80's.  Nonetheless, being on campus, looking at the yearbooks and hearing 80's music, made me reflect on some of my favorite songs from when I was in high school.  So tonight I'm going to share five of my fave tunes from back in the day. 

I was a big Yaz fan, and  to this day I still enjoy "Upstairs at Eric's.  The song I liked best on this album was and is, "Midnight."   LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

Who didn't like Tears for Fears?  To this day "Shout" still gets a lot of play; but I preferred "Everybody wants to rule the world."

For some reason, I don't think that Go West's "We close our eyes" was actually very popular; but there was something about it that I always liked.

I heard "This little girl is mine" by Gary U.S. Bonds, one Saturday, on American Bandstand and flipped for it.  What can I say, my taste in music is nothing if not eclectic.

There's absolutely no way that I can pay tribute to my fave tunes from back in the day without including a Rick Springfield song.  I was GAGA for Rick before GAGA was born this way, and "I've Done Everything For You," was a song that gave me great listening pleasure.  I hope it has been for you too.
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

No comments: