Thursday, April 28, 2011

(43-275) ROYALLY Messed Up...

For the past 24 hours or so, I've been a little discombobulated; which is HIGHLY unusual for me.  No matter how much I've got going on, I'm typically VERY organized, and detail oriented and yet; I've had a few mishaps that have made me look nothing short of flaky.  I'm going to table telling you about my first faux pas, until tomorrow; because it ties in with what I believe my next blog topic will be.   So on to, today....
  

It's Thursday, so I went into my office instead of working from home.  During my lunch break I logged into my Facebook and found this as Michelle M's status "In honor of the big wedding on Friday, use your royal wedding guest name! Start with either Lord or Lady. Your first name is one of your grandparents' names. Your surname is the name of your first pet, double-barreled with the name of the street you grew up on. Post yours here. Then cut and paste it into your status. =) I am Lady Elvira Kirk-Darien!"

Well as much as I have NO interest in the Royal wedding; I just thought this was hysterical,  so I decided to play along.  I posted my name as Lady Gertrude Lady-Heritage.  How AWFUL is that?  I chose Gertrude because I thought it sounded stuffier than my Nana's name, which was Anna.  (My apologies to any Gertrude's who are reading this.  I'm certain that you are all perfectly lovely, and spirited people.)  I thought that this exercise was so funny that I told my co-worker Kathy about it and when I shared my name she said "You're supposed to use Lady in the beginning."  I told her that I did, but because my first dog's name was Lady, I had to use it again.  How boring is that?   I also told her that I posted my name hastily because I had made a mistake in using Heritage.  Although the beloved Condos were on Heritage Drive, that was not in fact the first street that I ever lived on; as I resided in Yonkers on Pennsylvania Avenue for the first four years of my life.  When I gave it more careful consideration than it probably deserved; I also realized that Lady was actually not my first pet; since my parents had a bird from at least the time that I was born, and her name was Tseyndy (which is a derivative of the Yiddish word for teeth - how scary is that?)  Why would would my parents name a bird after teeth?  What the hell must this bird have done to warrant such a name?  But I digress...

After all too much consideration, it became quite apparent that I ROYALLY messed up.  My royal name should have been Lady Gertrude Tseyndy-Pennsylvania.  And after all of that, I can honestly say that it doesn't sound at all better than Lady Gertrude Lady-Heritage.  Oh butter biscuits!  How bout this one... Richie Howell had gotten our Beagle, Lady from the ASPCA.  Ironically enough, Lady turned out to be a howler herself; so Richie Howell returned her to the pound after only a week.  Not that long after, he brought home two kittens and mine was named Beau.  Since Beau was REALLY my first pet;  I'm going to go with Lady Gertrude Beau-Pennsylvania.  Still not great!  Guess I am not meant to have a royal name; but it is mindless fun.  Go on, try it.  Please leave me a comment here or on Facebook where my blog appears and share your royal name, using the criteria that I posted from Michelle's status. 
Ta ta for now.
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING (now that's more like it!)

No comments: