Saturday, April 2, 2011

(43-249) DETERMINATION

I've changed the title of today's post three times already, because I'm not sure exactly what I want to write about or what direction I want to go in.  I've called it everything from "INSECURITY," to "Should I Stay Or Should I Go," to "I Got Nothing," and right about now even "Pity Party" is sounding appealing.  So can you guess what's been on my mind?

I'm just you're somewhat average girl next door, so it's not EVERY day that something exciting or funny or blogworthy occurs in my life; and yet, my commitment to blog for 366 consecutive days, requires me to write about something exciting or funny or blogworthy; and today I'm at a loss.  I've decided that I need some re-direction, so please indulge me while I share ten fabulous quotes about Determination:

"Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain." ~Author Unknown

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them." ~G.B. Shaw, Mrs. Warren's Profession, 1893

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone not by violence but by oft falling." ~Lucretius

"I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday." ~Author Unknown

"Never think that God's delays are God's denials. Hold on; hold fast; hold out. Patience is genius." ~Georges-Louis Leclerc

"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they've got a second." ~William James

"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use." ~Earl Nightingale

"Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before." ~Jacob A. Riis

 "The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed." ~ ~Lloyd Jones~

I feel better already!  And in the interest of (say it with me,) "The GREATER Good," I hope that these quotes provided you with some inspiration as well.
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

1 comment:

Bernice Hopper said...

Thank you. Sometimes we just need to be reminded of these things.