Sunday, April 3, 2011

(43-250) Time For The 2000's

Well, it's been over a week and we still don't have a DJ name for Luis; and I can tell you that it's not for people's lack of trying.  Last night, my friend Jenny asked me why I think it's been so difficult to come up with a DJ name for Luis and I told her the same thing that I told my cousin Jackie this morning, and my friend Mari tonight... It's because Luis is a nice guy, a mellow fellow, and a truly laid back gentleman.  These personality traits aren't ones that you typically associate with a DJ; and therefore, it's taxing to come up with a name that reflects who he is.  I'm not so sure that the name DJ Nice Guy or DJ Pal, would get people enthused about their reunion.

We're so grateful to all of our friends who have been contemplating DJ names for Luis.  And it's not that any of the names have been bad per se; it's just that he hasn't find the right fit yet.  In a lot of ways it's like naming a child.  You just know the right name when you hear it.  I think the biggest laugh that I've gotten so far, was when my cousin Jackie's husband Gene suggested the name Dejavu.  Not DJ Dejavu, just Dejavu; and Jackie told him that it sounded like the name of a drag queen not a DJ.

Since Luis completed his 2000's mix on Wednesday night, all of his samples are now available for our clients to hear.  The last time I looked, he was referring to Luis as The DJ Bandito, with the understanding that this could be changed if Luis decided on another name.  So once again, I'm going to ask you to put your thinking caps on and think of a DJ name for Luis.  It doesn't have to be DJ Something, it could be Mr. This or Master That or anything that you think a spin doctor might be named.  In exchange for your consideration, I'm happy to share Luis' 2000's mix; and to quote the 70's Shake-n-Bake commercial, "And I helped!"
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING
                                                                  

No comments: