Saturday, October 2, 2010

(43-67) Color My World...


I've said it before, and I'll say it again; I'm SO thankful for Mari's "Memories and Thoughts" jar. 
I dipped in today and my mind was reeling.  I found a lot of great prompts, which I plan to use in the near future; but today I thought I'd keep it nice and simple by answering the question, "What's your favorite color?"
Color is VERY important to me; and I'll be so bold to say, that I know my "specific" colors a lot more fluently than most people.  OK, I'll go there; I am The Queen of COLOR!  From making jewelry to scrapbooking; color has always been something that I've known well.  I am that person, who won't do a scrapbooking layout if I don't have the "perfect" color matches.  Not because I think that anyone will judge it; but because I like things the way that I like them; for better or worse.
Being that I am so color crazy, it should come as no surprise that when asked my favorite color, I wouldn't reply with a generic answer like purple; but supply the MOST specific shade as it is THAT color, that is my favorite.  So the answer is ORCHID.

Being the Queen of VERBOSITY; I  couldn't just say "My favorite color is Orchid;" and leave it at that.  Oh no; I had to go searching for deeper meaning.  I wanted to find out what having Orchid for a favorite color meant about me or my personality; but I was unable to find an explanation for Orchid per se; and had to settle more for the the generic purple or pink.
In my opinion Orchid is the most perfect combination of pink and purple that one can find.
It blends together beautifully, and manifests into a radiant hue that no other can compare to.  So to say that my favorite color was purple OR pink wouldn't be accurate.  It must be an amalgamation of the two; which would imply that my personality is also a fusion of the duo.  According to Care2.com "those whose favorite color is Purple, are highly individual, fastidious, witty and sensitive, with a strong desire to be unique and different. Temperamental, expansive and artistic, a Purple person may become aloof and sarcastic when misunderstood. If you chose Purple, you tend to be unconventional, tolerant and dignified, likely to achieve positions of authority." HMMM, I'd say that I have purple traits for sure.   As for Pink: "This color embodies the gentler qualities of Red, symbolizing love and affection without passion. Women who prefer Pink tend to be maternal. Pink desires protection, special treatment and a sheltered life. Pink people require affection and like to feel loved and secure, perhaps wanting to appear delicate and fragile. Pink people tend to be charming and gentle, if a trifle indefinite."  Now although I'm not a PURE pink by this definition; there are definitely some aspects that pertain to me.  I couldn't see me being described as exclusively pink or definitively, purple; but the mixture of the two sums me up quite well.  Throw in some green (my other favorite color;) and I'm complete.  Green: The color of harmony and balance, Green symbolizes hope, renewal and peace, and is usually liked by the gentle and sincere. Greens are generally frank, community-minded people, fairly sociable but preferring peace at any price. Green people can be too self-effacing, modest and patient, so they may get exploited by others. They are usually refined, civilized and reputable.

It's amazing how our color preferences set us apart as individuals; my personal color palette is Purple and Green; and all shades therein;  and yet, someone else might not care for either; let alone the two together.  It's intriguing, how a color that can cause one individual joy and happiness can cause another to feel sad, anxious or even repulsed.  I know some people who like a certain color, but would never consider wearing it; and then there are those who don't like color at all - which is beyond me.  The only color that I don't particularly care for is Grey.  To me it's bland and nondescript.  It's not deep and strong like Black; or crisp and clean like white.  I prefer the vibrant colors or the jewel tones to pastels and   I'd choose neon over the lighter tones; any day.   I want to live my life in technicolor!  Color my world in hues that are vivacious, dynamic; and splendid and you'll color me  happy!!!
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

loveeeeeeee this post paige!!! I loveeeeeeeee so many different colors...and with my years and years in retail it was fun learning how many different names there are for colors! :):):):):):):):):)