Friday, October 15, 2010

(43-80) Sometimes Size DOES Matter

When I posted "Master Chef Marathon;" I told you how the burger competition made my mouth water; and caused me to crave Red Robin.  Well, since today was date day; guess where Luis and I went for lunch?  Yup!  We did.  Red Robin it was.  It wasn't quite as magnificent as the "Master Chef" burger; but it did hit the spot.

Before and after lunch, we ran a myriad of errands; from getting Luis his flu shot; to depositing his last paycheck from the pharmacy.  And when I say his last paycheck, I don't mean his most recent (even though it was;) I mean his last as in; he quit. 
We paid our Kohl's bill.  A whole $14.17 (Gosh we love Kohl's.)  Then stopped at Old Navy, since they were having a sale that I couldn't pass up.  Because I have an Old Navy credit card; I had a $10 gift card to spend; and a coupon to get a FREE child's item, for each adult item that I purchased.  The adult items were either on clearance for 50% off, or ran between $5-$16 for the most part.  I bought one shirt from the clearance section, and paid $2.50, I got one $10 shirt for FREE, and then I purchased 3 other shirts, and was able to get Nicky FREE sweatpants, and FREE winter hats for the girls. (Yes, I know I live in Arizona, but we do venture up to colder, climates during the winter months.)  Including the $2.50 shirt; I spent about $25.00 on everything.  Talk about (say it with me,) "The Greater Good!"

We left Old Navy thrilled with our purchases and planning our return; as I have another coupon for the BOGO deal.  We then went to Sam's Club to purchase fruit and snacks for The Torpedos game on Saturday; since we're this week's snack parents.  (I had already stocked up on Capri Sun during a smokin. deal at Fry's last week.)  We chose to buy bananas for the team; and as we rounded the corner, we were mesmerized, by the most voluptuous, grapes that we had EVER seen.
The sheer, size of the grapes made them amazingly, appealing and we anxiously, opened the container so that we could taste the gigantesque, globes and make sure that they were as sweet as they were sizable. Affirmative!  The grapes were the best that we'd ever tasted; and I commented to Luis "See, sometimes size DOES matter."  And we laughed.

Perhaps I'm a glutton; but there is something that makes fruits so much more desirable to me, when they are largish.  It's harder for me to to resist an enormous Nectarine, than one of average size; and although I can't eat Strawberries; I ask you, what's more seductive than a stupendous, Strawberry, dipped in chocolate?  I mean anything dipped in chocolate is good; but if you had a couple of Strawberries on a platter, and they were of mixed sizes; I'd be shocked if the larger ones weren't the first to be selected.  Oh, if only it was the same for people...  But I digress.
Now, I was willing to chalk up my enthusiasm for the gargantuan, grapes as gluttony; but since Luis, Lyndzi and Kelsie all had the same reaction to the bodacious, beauties; I'm leaning towards believing that the more tremendous the fruit; the more tempting it is.  Proving, that in fact; size DOES matter. (At least when it comes to fruit.)
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

wowwwwwwww!!!!!!! sounds like you had an amazing day!!!! i loveeeeeee grapes!!!! :):):):):):):):):)

Joni Parker said...

Funny that some veggies are just the opposite....smaller ones are "sweeter" (ie...asparagus)...

But I agree about the fruit!!

Rachel said...

My dad is a fan of buying HUGE fruit. Always has been - we chalked it up to being a 'guy' thing...