Monday, October 11, 2010

(43-76) TRUST

Last night, after I added the link for "The Hangover" DVD to my post, I checked to see if there was anything that I could offer, relating to "Master Chef;" and I accidentally stumbled upon the cookbook by the winner.  Curses!  I had just ruined the finale for myself. When I was done typing my blog, Luis and I were able to finish watching last night's episode and then I told him about my discovery. I had no intention of spoiling the show for him and I refused to tell him who the winner was even though he used his best bravado to convince me that he already knew.

After dinner we settled in to watch the second half of the finale, with Lyndzi and Kelsie watching right along with us. Since my Maks lookalike had been eliminated last night; that left Luis' young thang in the running; and she was our family favorite. We watched as she advanced towards the final 2 and Luis and the girls asked me repeatedly if she won. I remained silent on the matter and I told them that what I thought I saw may not have been correct; so I didn't want to say anything.

With just a couple minutes to go, I started to ponder what I would write tonight's post about; and Lyndzi turned to me and implored "Tell me, just tell me; does Whitney win?" I looked at her and said "You have just a few minutes left; can't you wait to find out?" With that, Lyndzi said, "I know Whitney is the winner; I can see it in your eyes." I chuckled and said "Maybe I was lying and I don't really know who won." To which Lyndzi responded, "You would never lie to me; " tilted her head inquisitively to the side and ever so sweetly asked, "Would you?" I assured her that she was correct; that I would never lie to her. As soon as Lyndzi asked this question; I knew EXACTLY what I was meant to write about tonight. Lyndzi's trust in me is what I have aspired to as a parent and was more rewarding than if I had won "Master chef" myself. According to Dictionary.com; trust is defined as "1. reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, surety, etc., of a person or thing; confidence." And the fact that Lyndzi has implicit faith that she can trust me; is the cornerstone of our relationship.  I think that if a child is confident that they can trust  their parent; the lines of communication will remain open and the child will strive to be trusted as well.  I pride myself on being a woman that people can trust and depend on; and tonight Lyndzi has validated my venture.
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Awesome post Paige...and hehehehehe...the funny thing is.. I hate NOT knowing the end of a show...so I just make peeps tell me! LOL :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Joni Parker said...

Great topic..!!!