Thursday, October 14, 2010

(43-79) My Messages...

I am REALLY looking forward to this weekend.  Friday is date day with Luis, and I'm going to make homemade meatballs and spaghetti for dinner; which is a welcome meal on SO many levels.  First of all it's one of my family's, fave dinners and secondly, I feel like I haven't cooked all week.
Saturday is opening day for our soccer season; and I can't wait to cheer on Luis, Kelsie and the Torpedos, Lyndzi and TNT, and Nicky and Little United.  All 3 kids are raring to go; and I just LOVE to watch them play.  As if all of these plans weren't enough; late Saturday afternoon, I'm going to go to a scrapbooking crop at my friend Mari's and attempt to get some layouts done.

When I was driving to my office this morning; I had two thoughts on my mind.  Well, 3 if you count the bagel that I was contemplating.  I was trying to decide what I might blog about today, and thinking about possible scrapbook layouts for Saturday.  I was listening to the radio and "Just The Way You Are" by Bruno Mars came on.  I LOVE the theme of this tune; and even though it's really a love song from a man to a woman; it made me think of my daughters and how I feel about them.  Right then and there, something clicked; and I knew that I needed to make a layout for each of my girls, using the lyrics from this song.   In this time of chronic bullying, and children conforming to fit in; I want all of my children to know that they ARE "amazing; just the way" they are.  I want them to believe that their smiles light up the room, and that they're the most perfect them that they can be.
 
There have been two other times, that I've considered using song lyrics in scrapbook layouts.  I'm sure that I'm not the first scrapbooker who's wanted to use the lyrics to Lee Ann Womack's "I Hope You Dance."   The words of encouragement and bravery are ones that I want to instill in my children.  I want them to take advantage of EVERY opportunity, choose positivity and love life to the fullest.

The first time that I heard "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts; I actually cried.  The message was so poignant, that it moved me to tears.  And now in my 43rd year, more than ever; the lyrics of this song could be my anthem. 
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh it sounds like you have a fab weekend planned!! Have fun with your date day and your crop!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee scrapping to lyrics...well...I hope I do, since I work for "Scrapping the Music" lol :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Joni Parker said...

Have a great weekend !!