Sunday, October 24, 2010

(43-89) A Lil Pick Me Up

Throughout the course of "The Bumpy Ride," I've stated MANY times; that I want to become a professional writer.  And when I wrote "The Rules," I said that I didn't want to write a book at this point in time; because it seemed like such an arduous task.  So I ask you; what the heck was I thinking when I committed to writing a daily blog?  Like THAT wasn't going to be rigorous?  Don't get me wrong, I totally remember the reasons that I wanted to challenge myself to write daily.  I imagined that it would be monumental to record my daily thoughts, since it could possibly be the last year of my life.  I presumed that it might be compelling reading and at the very least; a keepsake for my children.  But the truth of the matter is, that extraordinary things don't happen to me on a daily basis and I don't always have the most fascinating thoughts and opinions to share.  Which leads me to fear that I am occasionally boring my readers; and that the people who previously liked reading my blog when I only posted a couple of times a week or less; will tire of me; and stop reading at all.  Whew!!

At 89 days in; I'm questioning my ability to go on with this challenge.  I feel like I'm floundering, and I second guess myself on a regular basis.  (OK, not much new there.)  I know that I can't please all of the people all of the time; but that's never stopped me from trying before. Certainly the positive feedback helps; but sometimes I just wonder if I'm wasting me time.  OK, I'll admit it; I  have PMS (yes, I know TMI; but the facts are the facts baby.) 

Because I'm not a quitter; I'm going to try and keep on truckin.  I'm going to endeavor to find new and interesting things to write about; and keep plugging away; because even if no one reads it; I know that it's important for me to do so.  In the 89 days that I've been writing daily; I think I've made some terrific discoveries about myself; and I've tried as always to provide recommendations for the (say it with me;) "Greater Good;"  and that's exactly what I set out to do.  I suppose that all I can say is; on days when my post doesn't float your boat; PLEASE don't give up on me.  Give me another chance; and let me know you're out there; because this really is a big (say it with me,) "HUGE;" undertaking.  It was one thing for me to try and write a witty anecdote once a week; but trying to entertain, inform and inspire you on a daily basis; now that's a completely different animal. 

Although they may not all have been the best posts that I've ever written, I'm proud of the work that I've done thus far; and I know that I shouldn't be so hard on myself; but hey, that's what I do.  You know, it's kind of funny.  I had originally planned to write only a blurb, and then post some links for some of my fave pick me up tunes; since I was feelin a lil down in the dumps; about "TBR."  But now, after venting and writing as much as I have; I actually feel better.  The tunes don't even feel necessary anymore; but I don't want to be a tease.  SO, let's listen to a few;  I'll brush myself off, and start all over again tomorrow.
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING
 
Don't Bring Me Down - Electric Light Orchestra
Don't Do Me Like That - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
Heartbreak Beat - The Psychedelic Furs
Modern Love - David Bowie
Love Train - The O'Jays

3 comments:

Joni Parker said...

Keep writing, girlie. I try to get here everyday. When I miss a day or two, I always go back and read all the posts I've missed. I've learned a lot of "things" from you, gotten quite a few laughs and have a new friend!! That rocks in my book!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I'm with Joni! Keep on going! :) I have a friend that is also blogging daily and sometimes all she does is a quick top ten list of things she finds quirky... if you don't feel like writing a lot in one day...then don't :):):0:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Bernice Hopper said...

I really enjoy your blog so DO KEEP ON WITH IT! I have it on google reader so that I can be sure not to miss it.